Jupe Calvin Klein - Vogue 2442


J'ai le don pour choisir les difficultés.
Je fais du recyclage voyez-vous et au lieu de ma faire une jupe a 4 panneaux toute simple qui prend 2 heures, j'ai choisi de faire un jupe Calvin Klein de 20 pièces.


A l'achat, l'idĂ©e originale, c'Ă©tait de me faire une petite Beignet rapide mais la robe avait Ă©tĂ© raccommodĂ©e plusieurs fois et la boutonnière inutilisable. Le tissu matelassĂ© est assez raide alors il fallait faire une jupe droite.


Entre le Calvin.
Maintenant, j'ai une jupe droite avec une braguette, une ceinture à passants, des empiècements, des poches plaquées, des surpiqûres, et un mal de tête.
Je vous verrai dans quelques jours.






The Serger Scare


I have wonderful friends.
I have wonderful friends like Martine who is trusting enough to lend me her serger so I could test it and see which one I need. It's been sitting on my counter for a week. I am afraid of it, it's got a knife, it looks incredibly complicated to thread, it makes weird noises but what scares me most is I am afraid to break it.
To overcome this bit of stage fright, I'll watch some more "Serge With Confidence" on Sewing With Nancy this should help.

Le Trac de la Surjeteuse


J'ai des super copines!
J'ai des super copines comme Martine, qui a assez confiance en moi pour me prêter sa surjeteuse afin de faire quelques tests pour mieux cerner mes besoins. Ça fait une semaine qu'elle est sur mon comptoir et que je la regarde. Elle me fait peur cette machine, elle a un couteau, c'est très compliqué de l'enfiler, elle fait des bruits bizarres mais ce qui me fait le plus peur, c'est de la briser.
Pour surmonter mon trac, je vais regarder la sĂ©rie "Serge With Confidence" de Sewing With Nancy avant de me lancer.

Popular Demand


Thank you so much for the nice comments and tips on how to make it work. It gave me the energy to go back in and work on it. Without your support, it might have gone to the refashion stockpile and waited another couple of years.
It took me a while to figure out what the problem was and what to do about it. But you can actually see what going on in this before picture. As I am pinching, the side seam is curving towards the back, which meant the excess fabric was in the front.


If you need to know, here is what I did : I opened up the front skirt to bodice stitch, put the dress inside in, pinned what needed to be taken in, which was 3cm on both sides.


I traced the stitching lines, sewed them, ran a gathering stitch on the skirt and sewed it back in. This dress is now a bloody mess inside but this is no change from it's original state so I can live with that. It'll need to be hand washed to prevent damages but, this is the extend of my patience with this project and this'll be it.


Oups, I lied! I did change the buttons, my favorite haberdasher makes such pretty covered buttons.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...